Book Boyfriends aims to be an active, enjoyable community – not an in-your-face advertising platform. We have all seen Facebook groups descend into a free-for-all of naked self-promotion – it always ends up with authors advertising to other authors, and readers running far away! Please work with us to instead build a reader-focused platform that benefits everyone by adhering to the best practices below.
- Be nice! Bullying, harassment and other forms of unpleasant behavior are not permitted on Book Boyfriends.
- Authors are responsible for the behavior of their assistants, and anyone on their team.
- Our users tell us they don’t just want to be advertised at. Be engaging! You can of course post book covers and teaser graphics – but please don’t just spam the platform. It’s better to engage more deeply with your readers, perhaps by posting memes, pictures, or even talking about your life.
- A good rule is to give five times as often as you ask for something in return.
- Please don’t post content with a purchase link more than once a day.
- Please do not attempt to access user data, whether by asking for an email address or linking to a page that contains a Facebook pixel or similar tracking cookie.
- Please be reasonable when posting in the Author Feed. If you post a dozen times a day, readers will get just as tired of you as we will!
- Book Boyfriends complies with all applicable intellectual property legislation, so please ensure that you own the rights to content you post.
- Book promotion should be restricted to the Author Feed. This applies equally to author assistants.
- Please respect that the Reader Wall is designed for readers by posting here no more than once a day.
- Authors and assistants should not post purchase links in the Reader Wall.
Thanks for helping us make Book Boyfriends a safe and enjoyable place for everyone!